Try Emu Oil on sunburned skin and insect bites! Many studies have shown that emu oil soothes the pain and itchiness quickly!
Emu Oil is renown as being one of the only moisturizers able to deeply penetrate all epidermis layers of the skin providing nutrients like (EFA) - essential fatty acids Omega-3 & Omega-6. This is what gives Emu Oil its moisturizing, pain relieving, and anti-inflammatory capabilities.
Dr. Alex Zemtsov, Researcher says "Emu Oil's essentialResearch has shown emu oil can thicken the skin, which reduces the appearance of aging. It is a natural emollient and moisturizer which contains no steriods, hormones or harmful chemicals. Emu Oil is an anti-inflammatory which is great for acne and will not clog pores; Emu Oil WILL NOT cause breakouts , and actually HELPS HEAL acne-prone skin. Emu Oil helps to thicken and replenish skin to reduce wrinkles and those signs of aging.
fatty acids actually mirror what is found in the skin's top layer, so it readily
accepts the oil. This ability to penetrate and carry other anti-aging compounds
through the skin to the underlying layers where new cells are generated is
believed to be just a part of the miraculous results people experience when
using emu oil ."
When used as a post-exercise oil massage, emu oil brought about significant reduction in sports-related muscle strains.
Works FANTASTICALLY as a makeup remover! Many have found removing makeup with biological healing oils such as Emu Oil to be an improvement over harsh chemical makeup removers that seem to dry out the skin. Oils such as Emu Oil can be used to remove eye makeup. This can be applied lightly to the area, rub gently removing even water-resistant makeup, then wash thoroughly with warm water. By removing eye makeup in this manner the skin is afforded the lipid replenishers that it needs.
Emu oil can range in color from white to yellow. This coloration is due to the type of food the emu may be eating. In the northeast U.S. they may be fed more corn than in the south west. The color of the oil in this instance does not effect the efficacy of the oil. All Emu oil may contain a slight oil smell, since it is animal derived.
- Gives your skin a healthy, youthful glow by enhancing your skin cells
- great for eczema, acne, psoriasis
- reduces fine lines and wrinkles by thickening the skin
- works great to soothe sunburn - Slather emu oil on a sunburn to tan faster, and it should also PREVENT peeling altogether!
- works on insect bites; stops the itch from bites.
- great for sore muscles
- heals wounds and works great if you have a cat scratch, paper cut, burns. If you get an insect bite, this will help healing.
- reduces scarring
- helps hair and nails to grow quicker - rub it into your scalp to help hair growth; also helps an itchy scalp and dandruff.
- works great on dry, cracked skin anywhere on the body.
- for fresh tattoos: Apply emu oil after new artwork is cleaned to relieve discomfort and reduce inflammation and redness. Emu oil will help set colors and reduce plasma oozing. Using emu oil 2-3 times daily on clean area will help keep artwork moist and reduces or eliminates the flaking and/or scabbing that often occurs.
My first venture with emu oil was with Lumiere.
Lumiere EO smells a little like chicken oil but once you get used it, it’ll be tolerable. I mixed it with a bit of water to spread it on face easier. I used this as night moisturizer before, I only stopped it when I purchased La mer.Then I tested Cyleina EO
Far better in terms of smell. It doesn’t smell like chicken at all. It sinks better to skin too its less greasy. Consistency is less thicker than Lumiere’s. Same as with Lumiere’s I didn’t experience any bumps or any reaction. As to efficacy I see no difference they both deliver their promises. Another plus factor is that its available locally.
The difference is that I tend to use lesser with Lumiere due of its creamier consistency that I tend to dilute it water. With Lumeire I have the tendency to wake up with oily face but with Cyleina I wake up with radiant skin,.. Cyleina won my heart over Lumiere.
I will be purchasing again and again since I’ve many uses of this,. I apply it on insect bites, on muscle sore and on my allergies.. as for reducing fine lines and wrinkles, I dunno yet,. Perhaps I need to use it again to see its effect